Dethleffs Owners is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation. Your privacy is very important to us and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better service.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website.
Who We Are
Dethleffs Owners is an informal club is run by members for members and DOC is NOT-FOR-PROFIT. Our aim is simple: to increase your pleasure and decrease the costs of owning your Dethleffs.
The Information We Collect
When you sign up to our newsletter or contact us using our contact form, we collect the personal information you give us such as:
- your name
- email address
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging technique
- show you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- when you browse our website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system
With your permission, we may send you emails about our services, products and news updates. We use Mailchimp for email marketing and to communicate with our clients. Mailchimp offers a double opt-in service and offers full visibility of any of your information used by this service and the option to unsubscribe which will delete any of your personal data.
We do not have an expiry on the amount of time we will hold your data for. We do offer withdrawal of consent and deletion of your data at any time upon your request.
If you purchase from our website your credit card details or payment details from PayPal will be collected. We use these to process your payment, we will not be able to take payment online if these details are not provided.
Why We Need It
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.dethleffsowners.co.uk. We do this to monitor how people interact with our website and to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users. Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
How do you get my consent?
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent or request my data to be removed?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to store any personal data about you, contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Dethleffs Owners, Unit 22, Jasmine Close, ST11 9RS.
What We Do With Your Data
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
Our website is hosted by United Hosting Services. Data is stored through United Hosting Services data storage, databases and the general hosting application. They store your data on a secure server protected by a firewall.
In the rare occurrence of a data breach, which would significantly harm individuals, we will be report it within 72 hours to the ICO. We will also notify any customers affected.
Third Party Services
Dethleffs Owners work with a number of trusted suppliers and businesses in order to provide you with the high quality goods and services. Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
- Delivery Partners – In order for you to receive your goods, we work with a number of delivery partners. We only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
- Payments – we work with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
- Suppliers – we work with a number of trusted partners who supply products on our behalf.
In general, the third-party service providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Retention of Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. View our Cookie Declaration or to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work. For example, we use user-input cookies for the duration of a session to keep track of a user’s input when filling in forms that span several pages.
You may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+44) 07908 116751.
Changes To This Policy
Last Updated: 21st June 2018
Contact Us or Make a Complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
have any questions about anything in this document
think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Telephone: (+44) 07908 116751
Mail: Dethleffs Owners. Unit 22, Jasmine Close, ST11 9RS.