- First position: country of origin.
- Positions 2-3: manufacturer information.
- Positions 4-8: vehicle-specific information.
- Position 9: the VIN check digit.
- Position 10: model year.
- Position 11: assembly plant.
- Positions 12-17: vehicle serial number.
The date it was “final Inspection” at the Turin factory will be on the ACS or Certificate of Conformity , The German looking document “Certificate of Homologation” has the date it left ( came out of the production shed / final inspection )the Dethleffs factory