Dethleffs have come up with a great way to reintroduce the FUN into camping. Light enough to be towed by a Micra or even the new Fiat 500, youngsters can discover the joys of caravanning without looking old or fuddyduddy!! You can even customise the Campy so that it has a face and coooool graphics.
Amazing features allow bikes to be stored inside the Campy for transit and pets can sleep on the floor under the master bed. Perfect for cool young (at heart) campers who don’t want to rough it TOO much.
In short, it’s the little one with the big heart.
REMEMBER the original VW Beetle? The Citröen 2CV? The Morris Minor?
The Campy has some of that charm in its small dimensions and extravagant curves. It’s a caravan for couples who care about contemporary style and good design. Although it’s little, it has a long, high quality AL-KO A-frame and its Style Pack includes heavy weight corner steadies and alloy wheels that have you feeling it’s pretty well made too.
Prepare for some nice surprises when it comes to storage space, especially under the bed and in the washroom.
What to expect:
- The kitchen is tiny with a two-burner hob, no oven and a respectable, 78-litre Dometic fridge. It gets stylish square lights that are repeated in the washroom and lounge and an over-head cupboard that’s big enough to take a fair number of tins and plates. An overhead shelf has a deep lid to keep things from falling off.
- Dining comes courtesy of foam chairs without springs and a tight space. But this is an unpretentious caravan so it doesn’t matter. The great table slides on rails.
- The big double bed is just a shallow, foam mattress on a board support, but it’s an ample 2m long by 1.20-158m wide. The Style Pack version folds up so you can stand a full height bicycle behind it.
- At its windows are Roman blinds over a press-studded sheet of voile. Compared to the standard blind/flyscreen/curtain arrangement this seems barely adequate. With the Roman blinds down, it’s private enough but there are no privacy blinds in the kitchen or washroom.
- The washroom gets basin and loo, a narrow wardrobe and the 19-litre onboard water tank underneath. There’s plenty of shelving too.
What we like about the Campy is its thoughtful design and low weight. We’re not so keen on the feeble front flap locks that release the flip up front. But our verdict is that it’s small but perfectly formed.
Price: £9,990 with Style Pack and delivery
Dimensions: 5.15m (l) x 2.13m (w) x 2.50m (h)
Widely acclaimed by press and public alike, the stylish Campy offers a great lightweight option for the young or young at heart caravanner. Available exclusively from Lowdham we offer it with Luxus or Style option packs and a possible chassis upgrade to 1000kg